Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Complaint and Legal Notice regarding targeting by Clifford Chance funded Kian Ganz on the Legally India Website from General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra

Also see the following 

Further to Complaint and Legal Notice regarding targeting by Clifford Chance funded Kian Ganz on the Legally India Website from General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/further-to-complaint-and-legal-notice.html

Nefarious emails sent by Clifford Chance funded Kian Ganz of Legally India to General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra on 21 December 2015 http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/objectionable-emails-sent-by-clifford.html

Screen shots showing targeting by Clifford Chance funded Kian Ganz & anon comments at Legally India of General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/screen-shots-showing-targeting-by-kian.html

Revealing exchange with Seema Sapra, General Electric whistle-blower at Legally India news website showing whistle-blower being targeted http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/revealing-exchange-with-seema-sapra_7.html

How Clifford Chance funded Kian Ganz disabled links that expose corruption & fraud by General Electric Company on Legally India http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/how-clifford-chance-funded-kian-ganz.html


Kian Ganz, ex Clifford Chance associate, now Clifford Chance funded legal journalist in India targets General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/kian-ganz-ex-clifford-chance-associate.html

Kian Ganz aided criminal conspiracy to create false medical records in July 2015 for General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/kian-ganz-aided-criminal-conspiracy-to.html

Further evidence that Clifford Chance funded Kian Ganz participated in a criminal conspiracy to eliminate General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra http://propagandaoutfitlegallyindia.blogspot.in/2016/04/fw-further-evidence-that-clifford.html



From: seema sapra <seemasapra@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:41 AM
To: cp.alokkumarverma@delhipolice.gov.in; jeffrey.immelt@ge.com; ny1@ic.fbi.gov; chairmanoffice@sec.gov; fcpa.fraud@usdoj.gov; ashish.sawkar@ic.fbi.gov; sg.rmaithani@sci.nic.in; rg.dhc@nic.in; NDwebmail@state.gov; pmosb@nic.in; Murali Krishnan; matthew.layton@cliffordchance.com;   Zia Mody; president@whitehouse.gov; Dimitrief, Alexander (GE, Corporate); bradford.berenson@ge.com; banmali.agrawala@ge.com; Siemens Ombudsman COM; herwig.ganz@shell.com; donny.ching@shell.com; kian.ganz@legallyindia.com; harry.brekalmans@shell.com; Prachi Shrivastava; Seema
Subject: Complaint and Legal Notice regarding targeting by Clifford Chance funded Kian Ganz on the Legally India Website from General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra
To the law enforcement authorities in the United States of America and in India,

Since December 2015 after the unlawful contempt judgment against me was issued, Kian Ganz, financially backed by two law firms who act for General Electric Company, Clifford Chance and AZB & Partners has as part of a criminal conspiracy to destroy and eliminate me, repeatedly defamed me on his websitehttp://www.legallyindia.com/ as mentally ill. Besides this, when I have objected, he has sent me vicious and threatening emails privately abusing me and calling me mentally ill which I ignored for the time being.

Legally India: News for lawyers, Indian law firms, courts ...
www.legallyindia.com
Legally India is a news and community portal for Indian lawyers, covering Indian law firms, LPOs and law schools and students.


Yesterday I sent Kian Ganz a legal notice asking him to remove defamatory and hate material against me that he had posted on his website Legally India yesterday and which was intended to incite/ encourage violence against me and incite/ encourage third parties to attack and harm me. This hate material against me as well as hate material posted against me on Legally India earlier has and continues to endanger my life.

Kian Ganz has been made aware by me on multiple occasions that I am a former in-house General Electric lawyer who has made whistleblower complaints against General Electric Company. Despite being put on notice, Kian Ganz has continued to use his website to target me often in the guise of anonymously posted comments.

The correspondence with Kian Ganz from yesterday is reproduced below.

I attach screenshots of the offending material from yesterday and of the fact that some but not all of it has been taken down.
Also note from the latest screen-shot how Kian Ganz has mocked me online while taking down some of the hate material. He has still left enough hate material online to make readers wonder about me.
A copy of the appeal filed by me before the Supreme Court of India on 19 March 2016 is attached.
The hate material against me published by Kian Ganz on his website in December 2015 is also reproduced below.
Kian Ganz has also not furnished an apology to my satisfaction.
In fact, his last email shows that he is persisting in his conduct of targeting me and is threatening and intimidating me and persists in falsely labelling me mentally ill.

Kian Ganz has again today published some more comments targeting me on his website in the same thread. See latest screenshots attached.
It is well documented fact, that whistleblowers are routinely destroyed by false labels of mental illness. This has been attempted by General Electric but has not succeeded. Yet the conspiracy and attempts continue and Kian Ganz's actions are part of these attempts given his connection to General Electric Company though his financial backers at Clifford Chance and at AZB & Partners including Ms Zia Mody.
I will take up this issue before the Supreme Court of India.
Meanwhile I am glad to have cut off all contact with Kian Ganz. I was using his website to put across the true facts to the lawyer community and he was using this as an opportunity to email me with threats and intimidating statements.
I have enough documentary evidence to establish this complaint against Kian Ganz.
I urge the US Department of Justice, the FBI and the SEC to look into this targeting by Kian Ganz and his website Legally India and into those who have procured, aided and abetted Kian Ganz including General Electric Company, Clifford Chance, AZB & Partners and Ms. Zia Mody.
Since Kian Ganz's response from yesterday has established that he intends to persist in his attacks against me, I request that law enforcement complaints be registered against Kian Ganz, Legally India, AZB & Partners, Ms Zia Mody and Clifford Chance for the following:
1.     Posting vicious, false, defamatory, threatening and hate material against me online with intent to incite/ encourage physical and verbal violence against me and with intent to create false evidence to destroy my credibility as a witness in the context of my whistleblower corruption complaints against General Electric Company;
2.     Participating in a criminal conspiracy to destroy me and to cover up the corruption and fraud complaints against General Electric Company;
3.     Spreading disinformation about me and my corruption complaints against General Electric Company with intent to obstruct justice and with intent to prevent expression of support for me from the lawyer community;
4.      Other criminal offences that may be made out on the facts.

I again put Legally India and Kian Ganz on notice that I will institute appropriate legal action against them for both Past, present and any future targeting.

I ask that Kian Ganz publish this legal notice and complaint against him on Legally India.

 Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 6:45 PM
Subject: Further Legal Notice to Kian Ganz and Legally India from General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra for targeting on the Legally India website
To: cp.alokkumarverma@delhipolice.gov.in, "jeffrey.immelt@ge.com" <jeffrey.immelt@ge.com>, "ny1@ic.fbi.gov" <ny1@ic.fbi.gov>, "chairmanoffice@sec.gov" <chairmanoffice@sec.gov>, "fcpa.fraud@usdoj.gov" <fcpa.fraud@usdoj.gov>, ashish.sawkar@ic.fbi.gov, sg.rmaithani@sci.nic.in, "rg.dhc@nic.in" <rg.dhc@nic.in>, "NDwebmail@state.gov" <NDwebmail@state.gov>, "pmosb@nic.in" <pmosb@nic.in>, Murali Krishnan <murali@barandbench.com>, matthew.layton@cliffordchance.com, "Zia Mody (zia.mody@azbpartners.com)" <zia.mody@azbpartners.com>, president@whitehouse.gov, "Dimitrief, Alexander (GE, Corporate)" <alexander.dimitrief@ge.com>, "bradford.berenson@ge.com" <bradford.berenson@ge.com>, "banmali.agrawala@ge.com" <banmali.agrawala@ge.com>, Siemens Ombudsman COM <mail@siemens-ombudsman.com>, herwig.ganz@shell.com, donny.ching@shell.com, harry.brekalmans@shell.com, Prachi Shrivastava <prachi.shrivastava@legallyindia.com>
Cc: Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@gmail.com>, "KIAN GANZ (Legally India)" <kian.ganz@legallyindia.com>


I have received the following email from KIan Ganz.

Kian Ganz, I am not satisfied with your response. I again ask that you entirely delete comments 15 and 15.1 from your website at http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/harish-salve-panama-papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-disclosed-all-investments-paid-rs-175-cr-of-tax#comments

A screenshot of that page as it exists now is attached.

I will first sue you along with General Electric in an article 32  whistleblower petition before the Supreme Court. There is enough documentary evidence to show that you have targeted me. We'll see which other person comes to your defence there. You are aware of the whitleblower complaints I have made against General Electric Company. And your targeting is just an extension of earlier similar attempted psychiatric targeting and retaliation which have all failed. So yes, I am very certain that I will succeed against you in court. And I will make sure that I involve your funders.

I reiterate that you must apologize to my satisfaction. 

Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower

On twitter at @SeemaSapraLaw

For more on General Electric corruption in India in connection with the Indian Rail tenders for the proposed diesel locomotive factory at Marhowra and the proposed electric locomotive factory at Madhepura, see
http://generalelectricfakeauthoritydocs.blogspot.in/ Fake Authority Docs for General Electric Company filed in Delhi High Court
http://geimpersonationfraud.blogspot.in/ General Electric substituted fake representative/ signatory in Indian corruption legal case
http://geindiafakeauthoritydocs.blogspot.in/ Fake Authority Docs for GE India Industrial Private Limited filed in Delhi High Court
http://generalelectricforgery.blogspot.in/ General Electric forged Kazakhstan Rail customer cert for India Marhowra rail tender
http://gewhistleblower.blogspot.in/ evidence of attempts to eliminate Seema Sapra, General Electric Company whistleblower in India
http://gecorruption.blogspot.in/ FCPA alert- General Electric paid bribes to Indian public officials using third party contractor - Aartech Consultants India Private Limited
http://gemarhowracorruption.blogspot.in/ The PwC & Vinod Sharma conflict of interest & GE corruption in Marhowra Project
http://gemarhowracorruptionpart2.blogspot.in/ Shakeel Ahmed, Indian Rail official corruptly vetted GE 2008 bid documents for Marhowra Project
http://gecorruptionpart2.blogspot.in/ General Electric corruptly obtained Indian Rail Marhowra Project bid docs before they were public
http://gecorruptionpart3.blogspot.in/ Wikileaks US Embassy cables on creation of Marhowra loco factory Project for General Electric
http://gecorruptionpart4.blogspot.in/ General Electric corruption & fraud to avoid mandatory disclosures in India tender
http://gecorruptionpart5.blogspot.in/ #FCPA Why is General Electric bidding for India electric loco tender which it does not manufacture
http://gemoneylaundering.blogspot.in/ Money laundering by General Electric using NDTV in India
http://seemasapra.blogspot.com/ Seema Sapra - General Electric corruption whistle-blower: the Truth prevails

"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: KIAN GANZ (Legally India) <kian.ganz@legallyindia.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: Legal Notice to Kian Ganz and Legally India from General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra for targeting on the Legally India website
To: Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com>


Dear Seema,

Further to your request, I have redacted the reference to 'bipolar' and angel of 'propriety' from that comment. I don't think there's anything else that's even potentially defamatory in the comments you've highlighted.

For the avoidance of doubt, I believe that none of the comment published were defamatory against you as they were all based on truth or are valid opinions on fact, which is an absolute defence to defamation.

After having spoken with others who have experience with loved ones in similar situations to you, I have told you before that I honestly believe to the best of my knowledge and in good faith that you exhibit symptoms of paranoid personality disorder, possibly mixed with bipolar or other issues.

If you wish to take any legal or other action against me, I would swear an affidavit to that effect and can produce sufficient witnesses and evidence that any court or agency would agree with in light of your past conduct with respect to me.

In the absence of any further correspondence from you, I consider this issue closed.

I don't bear you any ill will but I hope you can move on and focus on more fruitful endeavours and uses of your time rather than harassing me with repeated defamatory emails and defamatory blog     posts.

Best wishes,
Kian

--
Kian Ganz
Publishing Editor
Legally India - News for Lawyers
http://www.LegallyIndia.com"



On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
I have received the following email from Kian Ganz. (see below)

Kian Ganz, you are asked to remove comment no. 15 and 15.1 from your website at http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/harish-salve-panama-papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-disclosed-all-investments-paid-rs-175-cr-of-tax#comments

These are untrue, defamatory and amount to hate comments targeting me because of my whistleblower corruption complaints against General Electric Company.

If you do not comply with this request by 8  pm today and do not offer an apology on your website, I will be making police complaints against you asking that an FIR be registered against you, your website and your funders. I  will also seek the registration of an FIR against you for endangering my life by posting malicious false statements against me which are liable to be used to incite/ encourage persons to attack and target me. This will be followed by a petition in the Supreme Court of India asking that the defamatory and hate material posted by you on your website against me be taken down. I will take all other legal action available to me against you. 

Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower


I have received the following email from Kian Ganz.

Kian Ganz, you are asked to remove comment no. 15 and 15.1 from your website at http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/harish-salve-panama-papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-disclosed-all-investments-paid-rs-175-cr-of-tax#comments

These are untrue, defamatory and amount to targeting me because of my whistleblower corruption complaints against General Electric Company.

If you do not comply with this re

"
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: KIAN GANZ (Legally India) <kian.ganz@legallyindia.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: Legal Notice to Kian Ganz and Legally India from General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra for targeting on the Legally India website
To: Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com>


Seema,

We have a takedown mechanism in our comments section to report comments. You can use this without an account on Legally India by clicking 'Report'.

Please specify exactly with the report function or in reply to this, which part of which comments are defamatory exactly, according to you? We can't remove all comments relating to you.

I maintain that none are defamatory since all have the defence of truth, but I'm happy to take your request and take action if appropriate.

Best regards,
Kian


--
Kian Ganz
Publishing Editor
Legally India - News for Lawyers
http://www.LegallyIndia.com
kian.ganz@LegallyIndia.com
Tel (India): +91 900 405 6651
Twitter: http://twitter.com/legallyindia"
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
KIan Ganz, if you do not remove the defamatory comments against me from your website at http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/harish-salve-panama-papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-disclosed-all-investments-paid-rs-175-cr-of-tax#comments 

by 8 pm today I will be making a police complaint against you and your website asking that an FIR be registered. This will be followed by a petition in the Supreme Court of India asking that the defamatory material posted by you on your website against me be taken down. I will take all other legal action available to me against you. 

Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower


On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
Kian Ganz has chosen to defame me on his website after I exposed his biased defence of Harish Salve by allowing an anonymous comment saying "This lady is plain bipolar Kian, I have been saying that for years but you did not listen and thought she was an angel of propriety. Well you get what you sow"

In response Kian Ganz has written "I did listen, but the situation is unfortunately a little more complicated than that..."

Kian Ganz, Please me who is this anonymous person who has been telling you for "years" that I am bipolar? I have never spoken to you before July 2015.

Please also explain your response "but the situation is unfortunately a little more complicated than that..."

You objected to my making an alleged defamatory comment against Salve which in fact was not defamatory but only exposed your misrepresentation of facts. But you have no compunction in allowing an anonymous defamatory post calling me bipolar and then lending credence to it through your reply. And you did this after making sure I could not respond. You are a coward as well.

You targeted me when the contempt judgment was issued against me in your post, in your comments and in your subsequent disabling of the links in my response. See http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/heavy-handed-lawyer-seema-sapra-sentenced-to-1-month-jail-for-calling-judge-and-many-others-corrupt

You Kian Ganz are a pathetic excuse for a human being in targeting a whistleblower for gain as you have done.

I will not let this matter rest. I will use examples of targeting by you before the Supreme Court of India.

Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
Kian Ganz who runs Legally India is a former Clifford Chance lawyer who is now running a website for legal news from India called Legally India. Clifford Chance represents General Electric Company in very large transactions and legal matters.

Legally India was set up to lobby for the opening of the Indian legal market to UK law firms like Clifford Chance. Kian Ganz is most likely funded by Clifford Chance. Clifford Chance was in a tie-up with AZB & Partners led by Zia Mody who have participated in the cover up of the corruption complaints against General Electric Company before the Delhi High Court.  Kian Ganz has therefore enjoyed and continues to enjoy a close relationship to Zia Mody.

So I am being targeted by Kian Ganz on behalf of two law firms Clifford Chance and AZB & Partners both of which represent General Electric Company.

Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower


On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
More defamatory comments posted targeting General Electric Company whistleblower by Legally India website owner at http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/harish-salve-panama-papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-disclosed-all-investments-paid-rs-175-cr-of-tax#comments

Note how Kian Ganz allows an anonymous comment targeting me.

15
Like +0
No like -0
Told You So 2016-04-06 12:52
This lady is plain bipolar Kian, I have been saying that for years but you did not listen and thought she was an angel of propriety. Well you get what you sow.
Reply | Report to LI | #  link
15.1

Like +0
No like -0
kianganz 2016-04-06 13:06
I did listen, but the situation is unfortunately a little more complicated than that...

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
Besides sending me nasty emails on the side, Kian Ganz has published the following comment at http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/harish-salve-panama-papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-disclosed-all-investments-paid-rs-175-cr-of-tax#comment-82016 defaming me.

"Re Seema Sapra, in the interest of full disclosure, Ms Sapra has somewhat amusingly published some of the (defamatory) comments she wished to make on LI on a new blog created specifically for the purpose at: propagandaoutfitlegallyin dia dot blogspot dot in

Feel free to judge those comments on their own merits and whether they should have found space on LI without moderation.

Alas, Ms Sapra has not posted my rather reasonable responses to her emails, though it hardly matters - I would laugh about it but it's all too sad a situation really that I've witnessed for a long time now and I honestly think there's little hope for things getting better.

Notwithstanding my pessimism, I wish Ms Sapra all the best and hope she will find assistance and what she seeks..."

He has done this earlier as well and his earlier defamatory publications about me show that he was acting at the behest of General Electric lawyers to target me because of my corruption whistleblower complaints against General Electric.

I will be producing all earlier material to show targeting by Kian Ganz in my whistleblower petitions in the Supreme Court of India. And the matter will not end there. I intend ultimately aim to have Kian Ganz prosecuted for targeting a whistleblower as part of attempts to cover up corruption by General Electric Company.

For the record, I do not know this man. I met him briefly once in July 2015 and have otherwise only interacted with him online or on email.

Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
Kian Ganz who I have no interest in interacting with (I am only copying him on these emails exposing him) is sending me nasty emails on the side. For the record I have no wish to hear what Kian Ganz has to say, beyond exposing him. He runs a paid propaganda website that masquerades as a news site.

Seema Sapra
General Electric Company whistleblower

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:

Harish Salve often described as the most successful lawyer in India has been exposed in the papers leaked from the Panama law firm Mossack Fonseca. The Indian Express story on Salve's off shore BVI companies and activities is reproduced below.

How the Indian government investigates the extremely well-connected Harish Salve will be a test case for the rule of law and the justice system in India.

The attempt at cover-up has already started. Over at Legally India, a former Clifford Chance lawyer Kian Ganz who these days claims to be a journalist covering Indian legal news has already launched a one-sided, misleading and factually incorrect narrative that seeks to exonerate Salve even before he can be investigated. See http://www.legallyindia.com/bar-bench-litigation/harish-salve-panama-papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-disclosed-all-investments-paid-rs-175-cr-of-tax and http://www.livemint.com/Politics/JLoR5n29iz99xPgmpqB6sJ/Panama-Papers-coverage-unfair-privacy-invasion-Harish-Sal.html

It is strange the way Kian Ganz is defending Harish Salve, who sure has a lot to explain. Who was the friend Salve set up an off-shore company with? What mining interests was Salve about to invest in? Salve was a practicing CA himself before he became a lawyer. Is it his defense that he was led into illegality by his advisers? Even the facts of Salve's case are not out which will need investigating. It is strange how Kian Ganz jumps in at this premature stage to convey that everything was above board.

As of now everything Salve has said in his defence is just his unverified version. This has not been investigated. We do not know what assets his off-shore companies held, what the money trail is, whether assets were moved, whether he received illegal payments or bribes regarding his high-profile cases, whether he facilitated payments of bribes, whether there was money-laundering etc.

As of now Salve stands exposed as having been involved in questionable activity. Only an investigation can bring out the facts.
Otherwise we might as well just accept every criminal's version and let him off.

Why would a lawyer like Harish Salve set up an off-shore company with a "friend"? Who is this unidentified friend?

Salve also recommended some Canadian citizens Mahajans to Mossack Fonseca. Mossack Fonseca records include a recommendation letter from Salve to Rawi & Co in 2007, asking them to set up a company and a trust for Ramesh Mahajan and Asha Mahajan.

This is not a lawyer referring a client to a law-firm (as Kian Ganz attempts to spin it). This is prima facie high risk activity? Does it sound like the kind of activity a lawyer of Salve's position would ordinarily engage in? There appears to be dirt waiting to be uncovered. Salve needs to be investigated.

We have no idea who these Mahajans are. They could be terrorists, or fixers, or money launderers. Only an investigation will reveal the facts. Who are these Canadian Mahajans? What is their connection to Salve? Are these persons Ramesh and Asha Mahajan connected to Selan Exploration Technology? See http://www.moneycontrol.com/bse/shareholding/shp_promoters.php?sc_dispid=SET and http://www.selanoil.com/

Salve has responded with his version. Merely because the Indian Express has not responded further, does not imply that what Salve said has been established as Kian Ganz improperly and misleadingly suggests. The Indian Express is not the investigating agency here. They obviously have only limited facts which they have disclosed and these facts prima facie raise the issue of questionable activity by Harish Salve. It is not for the Indian Express to rebut Salve. We don't even know what papers the Indian Express has. We only know what they have disclosed.

Kian Ganz of Legally India is not the investigating agency and cannot give Salve the "clean chit" (to use Indian lingo) as he attempts. Ganz has clearly misrepresented facts and exposed his dishonest journalism in this "defence" of Harish Salve.

This issue also does not raise privacy concerns as Salve suggests and which Ganz flogs in his article. Salve was the Solicitor General of India. He has appeared before the Supreme Court of India in the biggest legal cases involving corporations and politicians. The public interest was at stake in these matters. Salve has also often appeared as amicus curie before the Supreme Court. Evidence pointing to potential illegal off-shore activities of Harish Salve including the possibility that these off-shore entities/ accounts could have played a role in influencing justice and the Courts needs to be fully investigated. Harish Salve cannot hide behind the cloak of privacy.

"MF records show that Salve is listed as a director in Crestbright Ltd, which was registered in 2012 with Salendra Swarup as another director." Who is this Salendra Swarup? Is it the lawyer Shailendra Swarup?

Harish Salve's statements cannot just be accepted at face value and this issue cannot be closed as Kian Ganz wants us to. We do not know what Salve disclosed or not in his tax papers. Again an investigation is required.

Kian Ganz runs his website based upon advertisements and funds that he raises from Indian law firms. His business Legally India is financially and otherwise dependent upon law-firms and lawyers close to Salve. Kian Ganz has an existing relationship with Harish Salve which he has failed to disclose. This is journalism at its worst. It is really a public relations exercise masquerading as journalism.

From http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/panama-papers-india-part-1-list-garware-shishir-k-bajoria-harish-salve/

Harish Salve
Offshore entities: Crestbright Ltd, Pyebush Group Ltd, Edenval Ltd
Location:BVI

One of the most sought-after lawyers in the country, Harish Salve has represented celebrity clients in the Supreme Court. He was Solicitor General of India between 1999 and 2002.
MF records show that Salve and his family members registered three offshore companies in the BVI — Crestbright Ltd, Pyebush Group Ltd and Edenval Ltd — through the London-based agent Rawi & Co with Vasant Vihar in New Delhi as the India address. MF records include a recommendation letter from Salve to Rawi & Co in 2007, asking them to set up a company and a trust for Ramesh Mahajan and Asha Mahajan.
MF records show that Salve is listed as a director in Crestbright Ltd, which was registered in 2012 with Salendra Swarup as another director. The other two entities were registered in 2008 with Salve's wife Meenakshi Harish Salve and daughter Sakshi Harish Salve as directors. MF records show that Edenval Ltd is listed as a shareholder in the incorporation documents of Pyebush Group Ltd.
Response: Salve said: "I set up Crestbright in 2012 — as a holding company to hold my lawfully made and fully disclosed investments based in the UK but the company has zero assets and zero income.
"I have been remitting funds since maybe 2003 under LRS. Out of these, some were invested in a portfolio in the UK and a patent in the US (a 25% stake with three other friends). Wanted to park these in a BVI company as at that time I was not a UK tax resident and wanted to avoid becoming one. Since 2014, I am a dual tax resident — UK and India, and so have not moved any assets into Crestbright.
"Edenoval was set up with a friend, and Pyebush was set up by me to hold shares in Edenoval. My friend had suggested some investments outside India and outside UK. Nothing materialsed; no income — no assets. All the three companies are virtually defunct.
"All my offshore assets upto 2014 were created out of funds remitted from my Indian bank to my UK bank account. After 2014, I have income in the UK too — and made some investments out of that. Since bank accounts are routinely called for by tax authorities, all Indian and UK bank details are filed. Nothing is withheld.
- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/panama-papers-india-part-1-list-garware-shishir-k-bajoria-harish-salve/#sthash.b7eZmmWf.dpuf

Available on my new blog - Fair Comment on Law, Justice and other Stuff at http://seemasapralaw.blogspot.in/2016/04/why-high-flying-indian-lawyer-harish.html


I reproduce below another email I received from Kian Ganz of Legally India yesterday.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: KIAN GANZ (Legally India) <kian.ganz@legallyindia.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Further Legal Notice to Kian Ganz and Legally India from General Electric Company whistleblower Seema Sapra for targeting on the Legally India website
To: Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com>


Seema,

I strongly disagree that anything published is defamatory - please see my previous email in that truth is a defence and I honestly believe that you suffer from paranoid delusions at present.

I have removed comment 15 in entirety, but I don't see how you could possibly contest that 15.1 has anything even remotely defamatory in it.

Please now stop harassing and defaming me Seema, otherwise I will also be forced to evaluate my legal options.

I now consider this matter closed.

Best regards,
Kian
--
Kian Ganz
Publishing Editor
Legally India - News for Lawyers
http://www.LegallyIndia.com
kian.ganz@LegallyIndia.com
Tel (India): +91 900 405 6651
Twitter: http://twitter.com/legallyindia

No comments:

Post a Comment